I don’t know about you, but somehow I always end up with a few apples lying around in the fridge that nobody seems to want to eat. But I don’t like food going to waste, so I quickly make this apple tart and voilà – suddenly everybody in my family wants to eat the apples!
To make this tart super quick and easy, I usually use a ready made cake dough from the shop, but you could make your own batter of course!
4 tbsp almond powder
4-5 apples, peeled and sliced
1 dl milk
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tsp vanilla sugar
Do the following and within 45 minutes you will enjoy a beautiful apple tart:
- Preheat the oven to 220 C
- Place the dough (shop bought or homemade) on a baking tray and prick it with a fork every few centimetres.
- Spread the almond powder evenly over the dough.
- Place the apple slices on top, in circles, starting from the outside.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, cream, eggs, sugar, corn starch and vanilla sugar very well and pour it over the apples.
- Bake in the lower half of the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and serve with whipped cream (optional).
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does. Let me know how you go and if you are interested in a vegan version.